What To Do After a Disaster: Storm Damage Restoration in Denver
After hail, moisture, high winds, or other weather elements inflict serious damage on your home’s exterior, your repairs and storm damage restorations will likely have a high price point. That’s why it’s so important to take specific steps to ensure that you file a claim correctly and get the compensation you need to make necessary repairs. If you need services for storm damage restoration near you or in Denver, make sure you follow these steps to get your insurance provider to cover the work.
Steps to Take After Disaster Strikes:
- Document the damage by taking photos.
- Pro tip: Include “before” photos to properly showcase the damage. Get into the habit of photographing your property each year to have up-to-date documentation of your building’s condition.
- Cover damaged areas with a tarp or other temporary protection to prevent further damage.
- Contact your insurance company to file a claim and follow their requested steps
- Be sure to include the photos of the damage taken earlier when filing
- Submit a list of items or features that have been damaged or destroyed.
- Schedule an inspection with an insurance adjuster from your provider.
- Get an estimate on the cost of repairs or replacements to your home.
- Schedule your service for storm damage restoration in Denver.
If you’re new to the insurance claims process and need educational support or need an advocate on your side to ensure that you’re receiving the right amount of coverage from your insurance provider, feel free to contact us during any step of the claims process. We will use our expertise to inform you on the process and can meet with your insurance adjuster on your behalf to make sure that materials and labor are covered.
Types Of Storm Damage Restoration We Offer
When your home has sustained damage from a natural disaster or severe storm, it’s essential to know whom you can turn to for siding, roofing, and other exterior damage repairs. At Koalaty Home Services, we offer storm damage restoration services for:
- Hail damage
- Moisture damage
- Fire damage
- Tree damage
- And many other types of unpreventable property damage
We can work directly with your insurance company
Has your home been damaged? Are you unsure what to do? Great news – we can help! We repair and replace siding, roofs, windows, doors, gutters, decks, and more, and can partner with your insurance provider to help get any covered items replaced.
- Our reputation speaks for itself — We are one of Colorado’s most recognized, highest-rated, and most experienced full-service exterior repair companies.
- We can handle all your needs for storm damage restoration in Denver — We are experts when it comes to any type of exterior repairs. With Koalaty, you won’t be left wondering where to find three or four different contractors to complete your storm damage restorations.
- We care — We will advise you throughout the restoration process from your initial consultation to your insurance claim process, with exceptional communication and kindness.
- We’ll advocate for you — We’ll work with your insurance company to make sure they compensate you properly so you can relax while we make any exterior repairs you may need.
What Does My Insurance Cover?
Most forms of homeowner’s insurance or property insurance only cover “acts of god!” That means exterior damage caused by gradual wear-and-tear or a lack of maintenance will not be covered by your insurer.
When you need to make an insurance claim, we can help with broken siding, as well as roof repairs, replacement windows, and fixing whatever storm damage your home has sustained. If you’re in need of emergency exterior repairs, contact our team today to schedule an appointment and learn if you should file a claim with your insurance company.
Reasons Why We Supplement Coverage
- To account for things your insurance company may miss in their inspection and coverage scope (e.g., your insurance adjuster missed hail damage on a section of the roof).
- To make sure the insurance company pays the right amount for the project’s entirety (e.g., your siding needs to be replaced, but the trim on top needs to be removed for the replacement. We make sure all of this is covered in the project cost.)
We want to make sure you get enough money for the highest quality materials, and meet local building codes while using the best practices to get the job done right.
In short: Koalaty will help figure out WHAT the insurance company is missing in the scope and how much extra they need to pay for your insurance claim.